Harvest Moon Tea Scones
- Cut butter into approx. 6-8 pieces for easy mixing.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Use fine grater to zest an orange peel use half to mix with the dry ingredients and save the other half for the icing.
- Work in the butter just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly, if mixing by hand.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and half and half or milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together. If too dry add 1 tbs milk, if too moist add more flour.
- Stir in 1 peeled and diced average size apple.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment; if you don't have parchment, just use it without greasing it. Sprinkle a bit of flour atop the parchment or pan.
- Scrape the dough onto the floured parchment or pan, and shape into a rectangle about ¾” thick, cut into triangles or squares.
Bake the scones at 375 for approx. 10 minutes or until they're a light golden brown and soft in the center.
Harvest Moon Tea Glaze for the top of the scones
- Brew a strong cup of Harvest Moon Black Tea, approx. 8 oz.
- Add 1.5 – 2 oz. of tea to 2 cups of powder sugar.
- Add remaining orange zest. Mix well enough for thickness to drizzle on scones.
- Make a pot of Harvest Moon Black Tea and invite some friends to join you. Happy Fall!
- 2 3/4 cups (326g) Unbleached All-Purpose Flour. Or Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour.
- 1/3 cup (67g) sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (113g) cold butter
- 1 average size apple chopped
- Zest of one orange
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup (113g to 152g) half-and-half or milk
Glaze using Harvest Moon tea:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4th cup of Harvest Moon Black Tea
- ½ orange zest
Looking for more Fall Recipes?
Try these new, unique recipes created by our Tea Blender, Erin O'Donnell. We also offer an assortment of Fall Tea Flavors for both loose leaf and tea sachets.