Loose Leaf Iced Tea is perfect for every season and offers other additional benefits. It is the perfect solution if you love cold drinks, but want a caffeine-free drink; loose leaf iced tea actually contains less caffeine than hot tea and offers vitamins like B, C, and D. In addition, it is naturally sweeter than hot tea, making it the perfect substitute to a frappuccino or other sugary beverages. Finally, when you’re sitting in the hot sun on a beach or in your backyard, you’ll want to have your loose leaf cold brew tea as it is a great way to stay hydrated on a warm sunny day. Shop our selection of the best loose leaf iced teas or join our Iced Tea of the Month Club and get a new box of Iced Tea every month!
How to Brew the Best Loose Leaf Iced Tea
Loose Leaf Brewing Instructions
There are many ways to brew iced tea, but this is our method for brewing the best loose leaf iced tea.
Start with a glass cold brew tea pitcher, tea filter natural paper bags, or a pitcher/container you have at home. Each of our loose leaf cold brew tea boxes or bags has directions listed for the ratio of water to tea.
- Place your loose leaf cold brew tea blend into the pitcher or filters.
- Soak or pour cold, filtered water over your tea.
- Let your loose leaf iced tea steep for 6-8 hours or 4 days at the maximum.
Pouch Brewing Instructions
Cold Brew Instructions (Recommended)
- 1) Add one pre-made Storehouse Tea Iced Tea Pouch to a 2-quart pitcher.
- If you are using our Natural Fiber Disposable Tea Filter or our Mist Iced Tea Jug:
2) Gently fill the pitcher / Ice Tea Jug with cold water (filtered if possible) and cover the pitcher.
7 teaspoons (check the side of the tea box for specific spoon size) to a Mist Iced tea jug.
7 teaspoons (check the side of the tea box for specific spoon size) to a Large Natural Fiber Disposable Tea Filter.
3) Place the pitcher in your refrigerator and wait until it reaches the desired strength. Usually this takes 6 -8 hours but it can be left in the refrigerator and enjoyed right from the refrigerator or over iced cubes in your glass. When cold brewing you can leave the iced tea pouch in or take it out. Cold brewing prevents you from over steeping.
Quick Hot Brewed Instructions
1) Follow same instructions as #1 above. Gently pour 3 cups (24 oz.) of hot water (follow directions on the label of the Storehouse tea you purchased) - a boil for black teas and under a boil for white and green teas.
2) Let it steep in the pitcher with hot water. Cover and steep for about 2- 6 minutes, more for black tea and less for green/white tea. Make sure to follow directions on the label of the Storehouse tea you purchased.
3) Let it cool for 5 minutes then add 2-3 cups of a combination of room temperature water and iced cubes and then pour over iced cubes.
If you follow these instructions, you’ll brew yourself a glass of the best loose leaf iced tea you’ve had! When you follow our steps, your tea will be smooth, brewed perfectly, and never cloudy or bitter. Enjoy a delicious cup of refreshing, organic, and delicious loose leaf cold brew tea!
Try a Delicious Loose Leaf Iced Tea Cocktail!
If you love our loose leaf iced tea collection for the summer, then you’ll enjoy our delicious, flavorful cocktails even more! We have a list of Storehouse Tea-Original Loose Leaf Iced Tea Cocktail Recipes that are perfect for a backyard hangout, or a nice evening dinner.